In today’s video we cover the basics of corporate restructuring and the options available to executives.
The key questions to be covered are;
• What Is Chapter 11 Bankruptcy?
• What Is Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
• What Is Chapter 9 Bankruptcy?
• What are the shareholder wealth effects of corporate restructuring?
• Larger Vs Smaller Businesses? Success in bankruptcy
• What Is Prepackaged Bankruptcy?
• What Is A Workout?
• What are the tax advantages of Prepackaged Bankruptcies? Workouts?
The Following Are Some Key Terms Covered;
• Reorganization Plan
• Petition For Relief
• Proofs Of Claim
• Debtor In Possession
• Automatic Stay
• Schedule Of Assets and Liabilities
• Exclusivity Period
Bankruptcy can be a creative corporate finance tool. Reorganization through the bankruptcy process can in certain instances provide unique benefits that are unattainable through other means.
For those who are interested in buying the Mergers and Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructurings textbook by Patrick A. Gaughan, follow the Amazon link below;
If you have any other questions, please comment below. If you enjoyed the video and found it helpful, please like and subscribe to FinanceKid for more videos soon!
For those who may be interested in finance and investing, I suggest you check out my Seeking Alpha profile where I write about the market and different investment opportunities. I conduct a full analysis on companies and countries while also commenting on relevant news stories.