TITLE: WITH YOU
ARTIST: LEEDO (이도) of ONEUS (원어스) x CYA (키야) of ONEWE (원위)
☆ LINK TO THE ORIGINAL SONG:
(where I also retrieved the lyrics)
☆ COLOUR GUIDE:
Leedo - blue
CYA - orange
(reuploaded due to minor render errors)
Admittedly, the SoundCloud projects are a bit more difficult to translate because of the incorporation of slang words that I'm unfamiliar with (which is why I couldn't translate the other RAVN tracks). I had to consult people who have a better grasp at the language as well as some online forums for clarification.
I put little asterisks over sentences I was unsure of so here they are:
*If I can catch you in two letters
- By letters, I want to assume it's a "syllable" aka a word with two characters
- So ... is it 사랑 (love)? LOL
**I'm sensitive and yet I criticize myself all the time
- The literal translation is somewhere along the lines of "despite my sensitivity, my body takes a lot of beatings" which I kind of assumed isn't to be taken literally
- "Beating myself up over x or y" seems to be the closest English equivalent but that does ultimately mean "criticism" so I went with that instead
***An outsider heads to school on a different bridge
- There were a few words and phrases in this sentence that I haven't heard of before, which was an untimely combination because I tried to put two and two together for something more coherent and this is what I was able to get
- He could be referring to himself as the outsider, who heads to school (as he was a student who recently graduated) on a metaphorical bridge, different from other students, which makes sense considering that a lot of idols follow a similar way of life in terms of balancing school and work
I'm not 100% fluent so if you notice anything wrong, please let me know and I'll add it into the description box or into closed captioning later on!
May contain minor translation inaccuracies!
Future corrections will be added into closed captioning!
If you're interested, you can join a discord server dedicated to ONEUS!
#oneus #onewe #leedocyaproject