Being organised is an important factor in many walks of life. When it comes to daily activities, the more organised you are, the better and more effective your day will be.
As you may know, public sector tendering in the UK can be very complex at times and you have a lot of hurdles to jump over. As bid professionals, we can tell you – organisation is one of the most important things to consider.
Here at Hudson Succeed, we work from multiple ‘Bid Libraries’, with each client having their dedicated and secure domain for all things tender-related.
The way we set this out is through specific folders that all contain information relating to your organisation, more specifically, evidence, content and relevant data that is required to ultimately see success in tendering.
A lot of what is contained here will also be derived from your quality management system (QMS) if you hold one.
Your folders could be structured like this:
• Folder 1 – Structure – your company organogram, CVs, shareholders and subcontractors.
• Folder 2 – Finances – financial accounts for a minimum of 3-years, Experian or similar financial reports.
• Folder 3 – Accreditations – Industry-specific certificates, staff certificates and awards.
• Folder 4 – Tenders – all live tenders you are working on, closed tenders, successful and unsuccessful tenders.
• Folder 5 – Insurances – certificates of relevant organisational insurances.
• Folder 6 – Policies – all company policies.
• Folder 7 – Evidence – including evidential documentation, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Risk Assessments, Performance/KPI reports, Training documents etc.
• Folder 8 – Experience – Full client list, developed case studies, reference lists, testimonials etc.
• Folder 9 – Sales Literature – brochures, logos, presentations, infographics etc.
• Folder 10 – Branding – Logos, Guidelines, Colour Palettes, Fonts etc.
The benefits of maintaining a bid library such as the example above, include, but are certainly not limited to:
• Having a one-stop shop for when you need information at the drop of a hat
• Keeping you and your team organised when information is required quickly from buyers
• Folder 4, in particular, allows you to have sub-folders where you can store all successful content for future reuse (in parts).
As part of our wider group, we also have ‘Tender Bank’ coming soon in the next couple of years. This will be an all-encompassing online system that includes Artificial Intelligence to help you remain organised when it comes to the bid submission. The AI tool, Hudson, will help you store content and develop your submissions through a bespoke tender writing/ management approach. Watch this space.
We offer a full consultancy service and can absolutely support you to gather, collate and even develop (from scratch) specific elements that will feed into your bid library.
If you require any support with this and/or with tenders or bids in general, please get in touch with our dedicated tender consultants today: https://www.tenderconsultants.co.uk/contact-bid-writers/